Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Prayer for Living

Holy Spirit, I give you permission to change my thinking, my hearing and my actions, until I am motivated only by love. Love for myself, for you, and for the universe. Help me to understand that only love is real and eternal, all else is illusion. So that my path back to the Father is a joyful, childlike, love-filled, growth experience.

Help me to be wise, kind and caring. Remind me that there are no coincidences, that every person that comes into my life, comes to teach me, answer questions, give guidance or to receive those things from me. Open my eyes to the beauty and goodness of your creation, and help me to see only beauty and goodness in all people. Help me to forgive myself and others, knowing that only forgiveness brings peace.

by Sandra Lull (1990)

No comments: