Monday, July 13, 2009

Omega 3 and Flaxseed Oil for Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorder

I have a little boy that was bouncing off the walls from morning to night.  He was hyperactive but did not have the signs of attention deficit disorder.  I was concerned how I would ever be able to send him into the Kindergarten classroom and still have the teachers like him by the end of the day!

I researched and found that ADD and hyperactivity responds well to fish oil and flaxseed oil.  They need this for their brain and nervous system development.  My son has been on Omega 3 fish oil with flaxseed oil for 4 months consistently.  He is a different child.  He has kept all of the positive aspects of his personality and is now so much easier to handle behavior wise.

I use Pro Cap Laboritories (Andrew Lessman) Essential Omega 3 Orange Flavor  He gets 3/4's of a capsule everyday (little brother gets the rest).  I put it in yogurt or applesauce.  Now, they both just have me squirt the capsule in their mouth and say it is fine.  Even the 14 year old lets me put it in his mouth and says it tastes fine, too.  (They are used to taking supplements, though.)

This same child reads and has not been to preschool or had a formal reading lesson, he has just watched PBS television.  I know that the Omega 3's have helped bring out the positive in him and supress the negatives.  What a blessing this product has been in our family!

No comments: