Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fever Remedy - Egg Whites

I have not tried this remedy yet, but the reviews have been really positive.  I found it at this link:  http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/fever.html#ACV  Obviously, don't try this on someone with an egg allergy.

Here is an exerpt:

BEST REMEDY FOR FEVER: EGG WHITES
12/13/05: Ani (anisyab[at]yahoo.com) from Ontario, Canada writes, "Hi! I love your site and find it very useful. Thought I'd share something and you can post it if you see fit.

Egg Whites:
By far the best method to lower a high temperature within MINUTES! When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I had acquired a fever so high that I started to hallucinate. My mother was in a panic, she feared brain damage if something didn't lower the fever and FAST. My grandma told her about an old-wives' remedy.
Soak 2 cloths or hankerchiefs in egg whites and put on the soles of the feet (cover with socks). The egg whites instantaneously start to draw the temperature DOWN from the brain (where it is dangerous) to the feet (where it can do no damage). After that incident my mom used this method successfully every time I had high temp. If no eggs are on hand, chopped onion or chopped potato can be applied to feet instead, although egg whites are the fastest method.

The egg whites are also a miracle cure for minor and more severe burns. Soak or coat affected area in egg white. While the egg white is still wet you will feel no pain from the burn. As soon as it dries up the pain comes back so reapplication is necessary. This also prevents scarring from the burn."

01/04/2006: Ani (anisyab[at]yahoo.com) from Ontario, Canada writes,'"I checked with my mom and there is a small revision if using the chopped onion alternative: the onion should be mixed with vinegar. The potato is fine on its own."

Quick note: the egg whites are useless once they dry up, which can be rather quickly if the temp is high. The feet get very hot and the egg whites can literally COOK! You must check and REAPPLY as many times as necessary until the temp is back to normal. Don't give up after one application, it will work but the egg whites must be WET. My mom usually reapplied once or twice but you can keep going in case of a stubborn fever."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm going to have to try this, Hannah has a fever now, but I just gave her some medicine. I'm going to try this next time :)

Mach Momma said...

That is amazing. I love advice like this.