Monday, July 13, 2009

The Many Uses for Castor Oil


Castor oil is great! It has drawing out/pulling properties unlike other oils. I have a couple of great uses for it.

I use it for splinters. If you get a splinter, put some Castor oil on the splinter and cover with a bandage. Repeat this process until the splinter "peaks" back out of your skin. The Castor oil will pull it out of your skin, so you can get enough of the splinter to pull it out with tweezers.

I also use it for blind zits. They are the hormonal type of boil that gets so sore and big, but never comes to a head. Repeatedly put Castor oil on the blind zit. It will immediately start to help with the pain and will make the mountainous blind zit come to a head to be able to pop.

Castor oil draws pus out of sores as well. So, it will help get infection out of a wound.

When you need to have something extracted; think Castor oil. I have a small bottle of it in my first aid kit and use it more than you would think! I have purchased mine at the health food store.

Source: My health expert Mom in the early 1990's. Thanks, Mom!

No comments: